Good morning all,
A reminder that this Saturday (July 31st) at GCARS, starting at 11 am, a presentation on Amateur Radio Microwave. Of course, this may change in the unlikely event of QHealth restrictions changing, so I will notify everyone ASAP.
Scott VK4CZ and Kevin VK4UH, both from Brisbane and very experienced microwave operators, will talk about –
– The transceivers & transverters.
– Antennas used (aka microwave dishes).
– Cabling and waveguides.
– Planning sites using propagation maps / graphs.
– Locations for good transmission paths (lookouts, mountains etc).
– Some of the distances achieved.
– Frequency bands used are from 23cm (1.3 GHz) up to 6mm (47 GHz) and above.
We’ll have a Sausage Sizzle following the presentation, then a hands-on demonstration with some microwave transceivers.
Reminder to all attending that we are opening GCARS under current COVID restrictions, so wear a mask on arrival, scan the QR Check-In Code, and maintain a distance while seated.
Mark Hanrahan VK4DMH